Renewable energy expansion is predicted to grow exponentially over the next five years, according to the International Energy Agency. Suppose 3,891 gigawatts of renewable energy production capacity are installed over this period, as IEA predicted earlier this month . In that scenario, it will be equal to the clean power capacity installed over the past 20 years combined. Given this outlook for the planned energy transition to renewable sources, CNBC Pro screened for stocks in the sector that could offer opportunities to investors. The stocks listed below meet the following criteria: They are constituents of either the Solactive Wind Energy Index or the Solar Index. At least five analysts cover each stock. It is expected to see an increase in sales for 2023 despite forecasts of a global recession. Additionally, price targets for each are median averages issued within the past month. Wind energy stocks Hong Kong-listed China Longyuan Power offers the biggest upside potential to investors among the stocks screened. Analysts expect shares of the company to rise by 91% over the next 12 months, according to FactSet data. The company is also forecast to see a revenue increase of 9.4% next year, and its stock is buy-rated by all 11 analysts covering the stock. About 65% of China Longyuan Power’s revenues are derived through the design, development, construction, and management of wind farms, according to FactSet data. The remaining 35% is earned by its legacy coal-power division, which has been operating since 1993. Renew Energy Global is a Nasdaq-listed company that primarily builds and operates solar and wind energy projects in India. The median average of analyst price targets shows that the stock is expected to rise by 84.5% in the next 12 months. The firm, which counts Goldman Sachs as one of its investors, is expected to see revenues soar by 24% next year. Last month, it signed an agreement with Egypt to set up a green hydrogen plant in the Suez Canal with an investment of $8 billion. China Longyuan Power and Renew Energy, along with other stocks in the sector, are accessible to U.S. and European investors through the Global X Wind Energy ETF and Global X Renewable Energy Producers ETF . Solar energy stocks The table below lists stocks that are part of the Global X Solar ETF. Texas-headquartered Sunnova Energy ‘s stock has the biggest potential upside, with shares expected to rise by 72% to $36, according to the median average of analyst price targets. The residential solar energy provider is expected to report a 41% gain in subscribers by the end of this year compared to last year. It will likely continue on those substantial gains and see sales grow by 42% next year.